Saturday, February 12, 2011

Vanilla Cupcakes

I made these with using up my extra chocolate glaze in mind. I decided to try scooping two balls of the solidified glaze and plopping it into the cupcake batter to see how it would turn out. Seems like my idea was not the best because halfway into baking it, the chocolate was leaking out of the cupcake. It appeared like a volcano spouting lava. XD

Although the texture of my cupcakes was a bit dense, my friends still really enjoyed the cupcakes and ate 2 each. I think that if I mixed it a few strokes less, the texture would have been perfect.

I used up all my glaze (from the chocolate glazed donut muffins)!

Here's the recipe.


Photobucket

Photobucket


Wet and dry ingredients about to be mixed together....as usual, I overmixed. :( I seem to have trouble baking successful vanilla cupcakes.
Photobucket

Here are the 2 experiments.
Photobucket

Look at that lava!
Photobucket

The texture shows a cupcake that is definitely overmixed.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. i call these muffins because it's the melt and mix method. for me cupcakes require the creaming method.

    i have solidified ganache in my fridge and i wanted to see how it would look if i put it in the middle like yours too. i'll definetely give it a go :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cake looks so soft and moist, accompanied with the glaze it must be divine! gorgeous Esther simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. grub, For me, I think that muffins are denser and have a higher domed top while cupcakes are light and fluffy. That's not necessarily true though. :)

    Ok, tell me how it goes!

    Thanks Jess! You're too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm surprised when you said that the cupcakes were hard because from the picture it looks really soft and moist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lena, I think they were denser than the usual cupcake, but they weren't exactly hard. Hmmm, it's hard to describe. How about it was kind of like a pound cake, but not really. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I thought I posted a comment here and was seeing if you replied but it must've not gone through. I'm using mobile broadband these few days and it's so temperamental and randomly stops working. The comment I remembered typing was that I made vanilla cupcakes (chocolate as well!) too just a few days before but they definitely didn't turn out as nice as yours! Not as fluffy that's for sure. And after they cooled, the chocolate ones seem to shrink so they all fell out of the paper cups. Don't know if you know what I mean. I'm gonna try it again and use your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon, Don't you just hate it when you're typing a comment and then it doesn't go through? It's quite annoying. :/ What recipe did you use for the cupcakes? The chocolate ones remind me of sponge cakes, because sponge cakes sometimes shrink. I made sponge cake a few times and once a 2 inch cake shrank to a one inch cake. Well did you like the texture of the cupcakes? I hope you're able to make successful cupcakes next time! I'm actually kind of scared of making vanilla cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love hearing about your thoughts and/or your advice. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails