Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lemon Cloud Tea Cookies

I made these cookies for my church youth group counselors as a thank you, because my counselors always help me out when I need help. They're always there for me when I need them and they always spend a lot of time talking to me to see how I'm doing. So these were for TD Valentine's Day and counselors' appreciation night. Luckily, on this Friday I didn't have school and I was able to prepare the presents. I really had fun wrapping the presents and everything, but it took quite a while to wrap the boxes. We were going to put thank you letters for the counselors into the boxes and also give a cup of cookies.

I made these and they weren't anything special. :( I did add a bit too much lemon juice, causing the dough to become overly sticky. Also, I omitted the zest. That must have been a necessity for the cookies because they were a bit bland. I omitted the zest because I didn't have a zester, or so I thought. I actually do have one; I only found out after my mom was looking through her cabinets and found a few things and asked me if I needed them. Then I discovered that we had a zester. All this time, my mom didn't know what it was, so it was just sitting there in the cabinet. Don't you love it when you find out that you had something you wanted all along?

Anyway, most people who made these cookies were happy with the results, so don't be afraid to try this out. I got this recipe from Wendy from Table for 2 or more... and the original recipe is from Joy the Baker.


Lemon Tea Cloud Cookies
Photobucket

Photobucket



The dough was sooo sticky! I added too much lemon juice by accident.
Photobucket

I had to chill the dough for a while before I could get these faint criss-cross lines. I was a bit frustrated by then.
Photobucket


I wrapped these boxes.
Photobucket
It took me around 1.5 hours to wrap. XD
Photobucket
...because of these.
Photobucket

Messy room!
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was going to stamp the boxes and decorate them, but wrapping them wiped me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love hearing about your thoughts and/or your advice. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails