Sunday, May 9, 2010

Red Velvet Pancakes

Happy Mother's Day!

For Mother's Day I woke up earlier than is usual for me on a Sunday morning to make my mom breakfast. I chose to make these red velvet pancakes that I found on baking bites. They were really simple to make and I loved the taste. The only thing I would like to change is to maybe add some chocolate chips to the pancake batter. I had to omit the red food coloring because the one I had was like greater than 3 years old. XD Anyways, this was the second time in my life ever eating red velvet "something", so I do not know enough to actually share with you how it tasted in terms of that. All in all, I thought this recipe was healthy too, compared with other pancake recipes you encounter. I advise you to try this recipe out. I wasn't able to take any pictures because I was in a rush, but I did make a few hearts.

Then for dinner, my aunt, uncle and 2 cousins came over for dinner. We had this potluck and here are pictures of what we ate. My grandma cooked lobster, even though it was Mother's Day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I can never decide which is the best picture, so I might as well post all of them. I think it looks pretty, especially the bowl. And guess what? The bowl was only 2 dollars! What a deal.

My uncle made this awesome pizza. The crust was made using a bread machine. The crust was soft and chewy, a very good combination. The pizza had just the right amount of cheese and delicious toppings.
Photobucket
Hawaiian Toppings
Photobucket

Photobucket
Chicken Pizza

My dad baked drumsticks.
Photobucket
He first marinated them.
Photobucket

My mom prepared Inari Sushi. I think it's tofu skin, never mind, it IS tofu skin and sushi rice, but we (my family) just eat it with regular rice. You can buy the tofu skin at Asian supermarkets.
Photobucket
See the little pockets with rice? You can also add rice vinegar in the rice in a small amount and mix. Put the rice in the pocket and eat it like that, or you can top it with furikake, aka rice seasoning. On the side is a strip of wasabi with soy sauce which is mixed together.
Photobucket
The wasabi/soy sauce mixture is seen in the top left corner.

There was more food, but I didn't take pictures of all of them.

For dessert we ate the jello....
Photobucket
Recipe in another blog post.

...and sour cream angel food cake.
Photobucket
In my opinion it didn't taste that great and it was scary how they (store bought cake) baked it in the plastic container. I mean, are you even supposed to bake in plastic? Isn't that bad for you? o_O Oh well.

The Mother's Day dinner was awesome. I wasn't able to help out though. Somehow, I will make it up to my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love hearing about your thoughts and/or your advice. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails