Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Part 1



On Easter, I made some some cheesecake. Well, actually they were cheese[cup]cakes. I got the recipe from Monica's blog "Lick The Bowl Good". The cupcakes took a long time to make, but they were worth it. Aren't the swirls pretty?




Instead of using raspberries, I used strawberries. I just weighed out 3 ounces of strawberries and washed them, before cutting off the leaves. Make sure to wash the strawberries carefully because there may be some bugs beneath the leaves or near the seeds. What I did was to soak them in water and then, after the leaves were cut off, process them. I used a small food processor with the blade attachment to process the strawberries. Pour out the strawberry puree and then add one tablespoon of sugar to it and mix. There you have it, strawberry puree.

The graham cracker crust was relatively easy to make. All you have to do is process the cookies, and then you mix in the sugar and butter. I think there needs to be a little more butter because my crust was still crumbly, but maybe that's just me. Spoon the crust into the cupcake liners and press down on the crusts with the bottom of a cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love hearing about your thoughts and/or your advice. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails