Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shrimp and Eggs

The recipe below is something that my mom cooks occasionally. I don't know if you would classify it as Chinese food, but in my opinion it is just that. I really love eating this dish. The eggs are really good especially with the shrimp. My mom taught me how to cook this and I wrote down the instructions while learning. This is also for my own reference. I still haven't made this yet, but one day I will. :) Can't wait till then.
Shrimp and Eggs

Photobucket
Servings: 4

5 Eggs
2 Cups of shrimp soaked in 2-3 tablespoons of Shao hsing cooking wine
½ scoop of cornstarch (1 1/2 teaspoons)
½ teaspoon of salt
15 turns of the pepper grinder
Vegetable oil for the pan

Peel shells off shrimp. Cut shrimp in half lengthwise. Soak in the cooking wine.

Put around 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan. Make sure oil is hot. Whisk eggs together. Then cook the eggs by letting them “flood” the whole pan and let the raw eggs move to pool at an area until they are half cooked. Scoop eggs out and place them in a bowl. Add more oil

Add corn starch ½ scoop of corn starch to shrimp
Cook shrimp. Turn heat to low. Close pan’s cover. cook shrimp on high heat.. try not to cook the orange ones too long. After 5 minutes put egg w/ shrimp
Mix on medium heat to make mixture uniform
Close the pan’s cover
Then mix the shrimp again
Add white pepper
Then wait before mixing it again
Medium/low heat and then it’s done
Perform a taste test.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love hearing about your thoughts and/or your advice. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails