Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made these cookies as a snack that me and my friends could enjoy at my school's senior movie night. All the seniors who wanted to could go to the big gym, get free tacos and enjoy the movie Up. I never watched it before, so I was very excited. The movie was soooo cute! It was just like watching it in a movie theater, except there were echos so I couldn't understand what they were saying sometimes. :/ hahaa

It was the best school night ever because I usually don't hang out with friends on a school night.

Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Photobucket
Recipe from Annie's Eats
This recipe was rated a 9.3 by my brother and received rave reviews from my friends. My brother said that it should be even sweeter because the chocolate powder was dark enough to overpower the sweetness of the cookies and was a bit bitter. It should also be smaller, according to what my brother said. Personally, I thought it was just right.

This is a really big cookie with deep chocolate overtones, lots of chocolaty flavor that chocolate fanatics will enjoy. Moist and soft, it resembles a brownie in a form of a cookie. It will satisfy anyone's chocolate craving and maybe even leave you drooling for more. :)

Portion out dough to four ounces each.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Baked.

Cooling on racks.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Soft and moist.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Baked March 2.

6 comments:

  1. Your cookies are so dark! They look delicious though ;) haha...your brother's so cute- giving such precise ratings :D What's the lowest he's ever given you?

    Movie night sounds fun! (and the free food sounds awesome too! haha :D) I wish our school had done something like that :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. these sure look chocolately and they are so dark!! too bad i can't make these just yet as my cocoa supply has been nearly used up making those yummy sour cream choc cupcakes :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find it really amusing how your brother comes up with the scores for you - he even has decimal points? My brother refuses to score me when the food is good, but he very happily gives me a 4 or 5 when he finds it bleh :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi esther, i actually like choc cookies to be a little bit bitter!Mmm..delicious looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Von, Haha, that’s because it’s dark cocoa. It makes the cookies much, much more chocolaty. Thanks :D Hmm, that’s a great question. I don’t really remember, but maybe a 7? Or like for things he doesn’t even try, I bet he would rate them lower…

    Just having a movie night among friends is fun too! Even though your school didn’t have those events, you can still make your own. ;)

    Grub, Buy more. :D It seems like the chocolate cupcakes and cake recipes I use always need a ton of cocoa. I’m glad you enjoyed those cupcakes.

    Janine, Yup! Or you can think of it like out of 100 pts, and there wouldn’t be any decimals. Sounds like your brother enjoys teasing you, well at least you know when your food is good. =)

    Barbara Bakes, Thanks!

    Lena, Thank you! I guess everyone has their own tastes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love hearing about your thoughts and/or your advice. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails