Monday, August 9, 2010

Ham and Cheese Loaf

Today I made a variation of the pork floss loaf. But I made a mistake, so it turned out very interesting. I was planning to make half of the loaf red bean and the other half ham and cheese...but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to turn out.
Photobucket
Sure, half was filled with red bean paste and half with ham and cheese, just not the way I wanted it to be. XD

I smeared on the red bean paste and placed the ham and cheese on the rolled out dough only to realize that I put the fillings on the wrong way. Since it was red bean paste, I couldn't rearrange the fillings so I had no choice but to roll up the roll from both sides. So my loaf turned out looking like this rolled up.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Pretty interesting right?

This time, I noticed that there wasn't as big as a hole in the bread compared to the pork floss one, so either I got rid of the air bubbles or the filling was sticky enough to keep the bread together. I still don't know. I wonder why...
Photobucket
Anyway, my advice for the ham is to make sure that it is dry before you use it. I used ham from a huge frozen chunk of ham so I had to unfreeze it. This left the ham a little wet, so I guess some parts of the bread might have been a little soggy. :( Oh well, I'll make sure to change that next time. For the cheese, I used cheddar cheese. I love this bread recipe. My mom really likes this bread too because she said compared to the bakery loaf, this loaf was way healthier. The bakery bread had a cheese topping so that whenever you ate the bread, your fingers would become all oily.

This is the bakery bread that I love. It's really soft and yummy! Pretty addictive.
Photobucket

Here's the top, and as you can see it's pretty oily. Ok, maybe you can't see it that well, but it IS pretty oily.
Photobucket
They also sprinkle some dried parsley and the top is a bit sweet, but I don't know what they put on it.

Photobucket
Sometimes for lunch on school days, I will get a whole piece to eat. So good.

5 comments:

  1. wow your bread looks so yummy! at least now you can enjoy choosing which side to eat first :D wish i could be patient enough to bake bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so beautiful. I love homemade bread. They are just the best. Thanks very much for sharing. MaryMoh at http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks wonderful! One loaf with two different fillings..cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grub, thanks! actually, you can just get the dough ready and then forget about it by doing something else you really like. :) that way you won't need to feel like it's such a long time to wait for the bread to proof.

    Hi Mary, I know, isn't homemade bread so good? There isn't any preservative unless you add it yourself and you can just eat it fresh from the oven!

    Hi Angie, thank you (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting combination :)
    You get to eat both flavours in one loaf!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love hearing about your thoughts and/or your advice. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails