Thursday, February 9, 2012

Vanilla Cupcakes

Whenever I try to make vanilla cupcakes, I always seem to fail.  My first attempt at making these cupcakes was the browned butter vanilla cupcakes.  However, the butter clumped up when I added it into milk mixture.  After I baked the cupcakes, there were some holes in them where the butter melted.  The second vanilla cupcake I tried to make was too tough.  I had over mixed the batter, which resulted in a tough cupcake.  This time, however, I was able to make them successfully!

The recipe is from Williams-Sonoma

My friend helped me make them and she also really enjoyed eating them.  The cupcakes were not really moist, but they were just right.  They weren't really dry either. I think I might have decreased the sugar a little bit, but otherwise I didn't change the recipe.  The recipe is pretty straight-forward, so just click on the link below for the recipe. 

I haven't been posting as much recently, but I hope to change that.  I have a project for this blog and that is to write a post about my crazy, crazy day.  On that day, I made 11 different items...yes! 11, it is not a typo. :) 

Vanilla Cupcakes

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. it's actually nice seeing you with 2 posts after absent for so long. i would love to see what 11 items you made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea, I kind of missed blogging. All the writing I had to do for college made me too lazy to write a post, so I'm trying to blog when I'm free. I'll be posting it soon as a series, for now I'm just trying to find the time to do that.

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love hearing about your thoughts and/or your advice. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails